I first visited South Africa in February last year. As soon as we got off the plane, the people at the airport were already so welcoming, so friendly and helpful, I knew this was bound to be an amazing trip. 
After spending a couple of days in Johannesburg, we went to Sun City for a few days of fun in the sun, cocktails by the pools, eating better greek food than in Greece even and we were just enjoying the luxury before heading to Pilanesberg, where we rented out a cottage in the middle of the reserve. Also included were a few gigantic bugs and lots of sneaky monkeys!
The atmosphere there was incredible, the moon was bright orange and so much bigger than here in the northern hemisphere and the employees there were so incredibly friendly! They loved telling us stories, sing to us and even teach us some of their folk's songs.
And during the day we were driving around the game reserve looking for elephants, giraffes, lions, hippos. You can imagine what a dream come true this was for me, as I've spent most of my childhood watching Animal Planet!

South Africa is out of all the places I've been my favorite. Words cannot describe the way I feel about this country, the people who live there, their culture, nature, - everything.

Click here to view my photos!

Photography by me, with the exception of the ones I'm in.


Any kind of feedback is appreciated